Rosemead Kiwanis Club
"Serving the Community Since 1945"
The Fax of Life
A weekly inspiration, courtesy of the Kiwanis Club of Scott's Valley
March 11, 2012 Volume 18, Number 21
TEN OBSERVATIONS ABOUT LIFE
These 10 items are not exactly "commandments." Perhaps calling them "ten observations about life" would be more accurate.
1. Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a "steering wheel" that directs the right path throughout life.
2. Why is a car's windshield so large and the rear view mirror so small? Because our past is not as important as our future. So, look ahead and move on.
3. Friendship is like a book. It takes years to write, but only a few seconds to burn.
4. All things in life are temporary. If things are going well, enjoy it, knowing that it won't last. If things are going wrong, don't worry, this won't last either.
5. Old friends are gold. New friends are diamonds. If you get a Diamond, don't forget the gold because you always need a base of gold to hold a diamond,
6. When we lose hope and think this is the end, God smiles from above and says, "Relax. It's just a bend, not the end."
7. When God solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities. When God doesn't solve your problems, HE has faith in your abilities.
8. A blind person asked St. Anthony: "Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?" He replied: "Yes, losing your vision."
9. When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them. Do you realize that when you are safe and happy, it could be because someone has prayed for you?
10.Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace.
--- Author unknown
KIwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. All of its Clubs are independently-run community service groups.
The Kiwanis Club of Scott's Valley normally meets at Bruno's Restaurant in Scott's Valley, CA, on Wednesdays at 7 am (second week of the month at 5:00 pm) - see the Scott's Valley Kiwanis website @ http://svkiwanis.org for details; The Kiwanis Club of Rosemead normally meets on Thursdays at 12:10 in Rosemead, CA - see the Rosemead Kiwanis website @ http://rosemeadkiwanis.org for confirmation and directions. Visitors are welcome to attend meetings of either club anytime.
There is no charge to anyone for receiving the "Fax," which today is circulated by e-mail rather than literally by Fax. If you have been encouraged in any way by the message, pass it on by saying something encouraging to someone else during the week. To subscribe to the free RKC Reporter and RKC Kiwanicle, both of which include links to the "Fax," simply email firstname.lastname@example.org,
Neither the Scott's Valley or Rosemead Kiwanis Clubs make any representations as to the accuracy of quotes or actions attributed to named individuals; material selected for the Fax of Life comes from a variety of sources and is chosen based solely on its presumed inspirational value to readers.