Rosemead Kiwanis Club
"Serving the Community Since 1945"
The Fax of Life
A weekly inspiration, courtesy of the Kiwanis Club of Scott's Valley
November 10, 2013 Volume 20, Number 4
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
(We all need to read this one over and over until it becomes part of who we are!)
1. Try everything twice. On one woman's tombstone she said she wanted this epitaph: "Tried everything twice.
Loved it both times!"
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. (Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever... Never let the brain get idle. 'An
idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's name is Alzheimer.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh,
spend lots and lots of time with that friend.
6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.
LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love: whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.
Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve,
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance. Remember that lost time can
never be found.
12.Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
--- Contributed by Peggy Winkler
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world, one child and one community at a time. All of its Clubs are independently-run community service groups.
The Kiwanis Club of Scott's Valley normally meets at Bruno's Restaurant in Scott's Valley, CA, on Wednesdays at 7 am (second week of the month at 5:00 pm) - see the Scott's Valley Kiwanis website @ http://svkiwanis.org for details; The Kiwanis Club of Rosemead normally meets on Thursdays at 12:10 in Rosemead, CA - see the Rosemead Kiwanis website @ http://rosemeadkiwanis.org for confirmation and directions. Visitors are welcome to attend meetings of either club anytime.
There is no charge to anyone for receiving the "Fax," which today is circulated by e-mail rather than literally by Fax. If you have been encouraged in any way by the message, pass it on by saying something encouraging to someone else during the week. To subscribe to the free RKC Reporter and RKC Kiwanicle, both of which include links to the "Fax," simply email email@example.com,
Neither the Scott's Valley or Rosemead Kiwanis Clubs make any representations as to the accuracy of quotes or actions attributed to named individuals; material selected for the Fax of Life comes from a variety of sources and is chosen based solely on its presumed inspirational value to readers.